HomeGain on Facebook HomeGain on Twitter HomeGain on LinkedIn HomeGain on YouTube

Can I do a USDA financed duplex?

So far I know I qualify for the income eligibility but the properties I like tend to be duplexes. Are they possible to fund?
By kinsel22.alvarez78462386 from NC May 21st 2014
Powered by:

No, sorry, you cannot. That would be an income producing property and USDA doesn't allow. There are loans for as little as 3% down if you can manage that. You might also qualify for a down payment assistance program for an additional 2%. Good luck!

May 21st 2014

Searching Today's Rates...

Nope - can't do it with a USDA Rural Development loan. But you can with an FHA loan. As a matter of fact you can finance up to a 4-unit with FHA with only 3.5% down.

May 22nd 2014


HomeGain offers free real estate tools and services to compare real estate agents, research home prices, and view homes for sale, foreclosures, new homes, and rentals. HomeGain provides real estate information including articles on home buying, home selling, and mortgage rates. HomeGain's quarterly home values surveys are a hit with the top media sources, realtors, and home buyers and sellers. Did you know, HomeGain pioneered the original online home value estimates tool back in 1999?