HomeGain on Facebook HomeGain on Twitter HomeGain on LinkedIn HomeGain on YouTube

what is a yield spread premium and will i have to pay one?

is this an extra fee on the mortgage? i only just saw a question about it online and had never heard of it before. i am looking into the fha program if that helps
By elvira_ck89340893 from IL May 5th 2014
Powered by:

The yield spread premium is how the lender is getting paid and disclosed to you in the event you are using a Mortgage Broker rather than a Mortgage Banker or Bank. You do not pay this - it is paid by the Loan investor to the Mortgage Broker.

May 5th 2014

Searching Today's Rates...

it is fee that is paid to broker from the end lender and is not charged to you.

May 5th 2014

It is typically what the lender pays a broker for placing your loan with them. It is now technically called lender compensation.

May 5th 2014

It is NOT a cost you pay... It is how a lender compensates a broker for giving them the loan.

May 5th 2014


HomeGain offers free real estate tools and services to compare real estate agents, research home prices, and view homes for sale, foreclosures, new homes, and rentals. HomeGain provides real estate information including articles on home buying, home selling, and mortgage rates. HomeGain's quarterly home values surveys are a hit with the top media sources, realtors, and home buyers and sellers. Did you know, HomeGain pioneered the original online home value estimates tool back in 1999?